Senior Economic Analyst - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Economic Analyst
About the role
The role sits within the Research and Data Science team, which is responsible for the development, delivery and implementation of economic analyses and analytics activities across the Strategic Analytics section.
As Senior Economic Analyst you will:
- Be Consulting with key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the division
- Be responsible for the execution of advanced analytics activities, these include:
- economic analyses,
- survey design,
- randomised controlled trails
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Actively contribute to the Strategic Analytics Section’s commitment to delivering high quality economic advice using both external and internal data sources, timely reports and regulatory evaluation insights.
- Support the Principal Economist and Principal Research Statistician to deliver economic, regulatory and program insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Build econometric and other statistical models (e.g., machine learning modelling) using tools such as R, Stata, SAS, SPSS or Eviews to support research and empirical studies that require forecasting, explanatory modelling and predictive analytics.
- Interpret business problems and identify data requirements to service ad-hoc analyses and support the development of data-driven insights.
You will enjoy excellent conditions including generous superannuation (15.4%), a modern work environment, and flexibility to balance work and personal life.
We are a workplace committed to providing an environment that values diversity and supports staff to reach their full potential.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, peoples from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- We are a workplace committed to providing an environment that values diversity and supports staff to reach their full potential.
- Upskilling training opportunities
- Exposures to impactful and high-profile work shaping the future of the Australian financial security authority (AFSA)
- Flexible working arrangement
- Focus on work-life balance and mental well-being
- Generous superannuation contribution.
Click APPLY or contact Recruitment at Recruitment@afsa.gov.au
Applications close: April 12, 2023
- Closing Date:
- 12 Apr 2023
- QLD - Brisbane
- $90,357 - $101,277
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting
Research & Development
- APS Classification:
- APS Level 6