Finance Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
- Finance Manager
- Permanent / Full Time
About the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
Founded in 2001, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
The human rights of people seeking asylum and refugees are at the foundation of all we do and the workforce makes it happen, doing the work to bring the vision and purpose to life.
Our organisational values are:
About The Role
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial stewardship of the organisation, and ensuring that financial information is readily available for strategic decision-making. This includes oversight of ASRC’s financial policies and processes, to ensure all regulatory and statutory compliance obligations are met. In order to maximise our impact for our clients, the Finance Manager ensures that related financial processes are developed and maintained in the most efficient manner, thereby optimising ASRC’s cost structure. The Finance Manager also collaborates with the team leaders in the People, Place & Enablement team and the Executive Office, supporting them with financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
The Finance Manager is self-driven and strives for continuous improvement, critically assessing processes and outcomes.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, passionate and adaptable leader within the Finance space. In addition to your relevant experience, you will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Expert accounting skills, backed up by relevant qualifications (CA or CPA)
- Team player, ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with others
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including working with stakeholders with all levels of financial literacy
- Solid knowledge of NFP compliance environment
- Team leadership
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
- Expert excel skills
- Solid understanding of payroll
- Project management, organisation and prioritisation skills
Lived experience of seeking asylum in Australia is highly desirable. Knowledge of policy and issues impacting on people seeking asylum in Australia as well as previous experience working within a not-for-profit environment, would also be advantageous.
Joining the ASRC means being a part of the largest human rights organisation in Australia, supporting refugees and people seeking asylum. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower people seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the relevant modern award:
- Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite car and bicycle parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- Close proximity to public transport (100 metres from Footscray station and buses)
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that include a CV and cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria, will be considered.
Applications Open until Filled
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check, proof of COVID-19 vaccination status and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- VIC - Footscray
- Work Type:
- Full Time