Payroll Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
- Are you a detail-oriented person with strong numeracy and literacy skills?
- Contribute high level payroll services at CSIRO
- Full-time or part-time role, in a flexible working environment
CSIRO have an exciting opportunity for experienced Payroll Specialists to join our collaborative and supportive team.
As the Payroll Specialist, you will employ your technical knowledge and skills to ensure CSIRO’s team members are paid accurately and on time. You’re detail-orientated and possess strong numeracy and literacy skills. You’ll communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders across the organisation so your high-level soft skills will be key to your success.
Contribute your payroll experience to a purpose-led organisation making the impossible possible and apply now!
Your duties will include:
- Using technical knowledge and skills, ensure CSIRO team members are paid accurately and on time.
- Delivering elevated payroll support regarding pay and conditions.
- Completing a range of end-to-end payroll processes – such as onboarding and offboarding.
- Helping to innovate payroll procedures by supporting the introduction of new technology, and an ongoing digitisation program.
- Displaying skills in analysing, dealing with ambiguity and problem-solving issues of varying complexity.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including team members, employees, and managers.
- Other duties as required.
Location: Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth.
Salary: AU$68k- AU$86k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, Full-time or part-time.
To be considered you will need:
- Approximately 2-4 years relevant experience in payroll, finance or people administration.
- Technological acumen, including experience with HRMIS software, MS Office and relatable systems (eg. Robotic process automation)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as part of a team, remotely or in office environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- High level of emotional intelligence, including the ability to build relationships, be respectful of others and help in the creation of an inclusive and safe workspace.
- Qualifications in finance/payroll, administration, or a related field.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian/New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents. Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
CSIRO is committed to values-based leadership to inspire performance and unlock the potential of our people.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
4th April 2023, 11:00pm AEDT.
- Closing Date:
- 04 Apr 2023
- AU$68k- AU$86k pa (pro-rata for part-time) plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time