EL1 Finance Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Chandler Macleod (View other jobs from this organisation)
EL1 Finance Manager
As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our client is seeking to engage an EL1 Finance Officer on an Ongoing/Non-Ongoing basis.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Finance Manager to join various teams in our Financial Statements and Policy Services branch.
As a Finance Manager (Financial statements technical), in our Agency Finance business area, you will be responsible for preparing accurate and high-quality financial accounting outcomes, including contributing to the delivery of the Agency’s monthly and annual financial statements. You will be a key leader in the delivery of the organisation’s financial accounting functions and prioritise your team’s work to ensure outcomes are delivered within strict timeframes and to a high standard.
You will manage and develop financial reporting processes, systems and outputs. This includes how financial accounting data is captured, analysed, interpreted and reported. You will also contribute to the development of continuous improvement initiatives and have the courage to experiment and innovate, striving for exceptional results.
Our ideal candidate:
- has outstanding financial accounting skills, including expertise in month-end and annual financial statements reporting
- leads and develops their team in providing technical advice and proposing solutions to complex financial accounting matters
- analyses mass data from an ERP system or a business intelligence tool to identify issues and insights
- shows initiative in using technical and system expertise to identify and implement process improvements
- has formal qualifications and experience in relevant fields, such as accounting and finance and is a CA or CPA.
We offer the following benefits: Competitive salaries and 15.4% superannuation. Contemporary offices all over the country. Genuine flexibility to help achieve a balance between work and life including access to flexible hours, opportunity for hybrid work and flex time. Generous leave provisions to help you live your best life outside of work, including:
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus additional paid leave when we closedown over the Christmas to New Year period
- option to purchase up to 8 weeks additional leave per year
- paid parental leave, including maternity leave, supporting parents leave and adoption and foster care leave
- up to 17 days paid personal leave per year to recover from illness or injury or to care for a family member
- paid study leave.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting “Apply for this job”. Alternatively, you can call Sharrane Martin on 02 6268 9726 or email Sharrane.Martin@chandlermacleod.com for further discussion.
Please Note – The due date for this submission is 08/12/2023.
At Chandler Macleod, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce where everyone is welcome. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people living with a disability and the LGBTIQA+ community.
You can read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion at https://www.chandlermacleod.com/diversity-and-inclusion
- Closing Date:
- 08 Dec 2023
- Work Type:
Analysis and Reporting
- APS Classification:
- Executive Level 1