National Reporting Analyst, Retail Finance - [Archived Advertisement]
Alinta Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
National Reporting Analyst, Retail Finance
- Hybrid working combining office-based and work from home
- Help to drive strong reporting governance and optimisation within Retail Finance
- Corporate reporting role with business partnering and stakeholder engagement
About Alinta Energy:
At Alinta Energy, we’re constantly striving to do better. Whether it’s lowering customers costs, providing world class local service or sustainable energy, our aim is to be better. And to keep getting better day after day. Better for our customers. Better for Australia. And better for our environment.
We’re a leading Australian utility with an owned and contracted generation portfolio of 3,000MW, over 1 million combined electricity and gas retail customers, and around 1,000 employees across Australia and New Zealand. Supplying energy in Australia for over 20 years, today we’re a vertically integrated energy company providing generation, retail and wholesale supply of gas and electricity across Australia. We support the development of renewable energy generation and offer local customer service through support hubs in Perth, Western Australia, and Morwell in Victoria.
It’s an exciting time to become a part of our growing team at Alinta Energy. Our people are our greatest asset and we’re committed to a culture that’s focussed on being better at providing great service externally and internally. An organisation where people truly matter. That’s better.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Analyst to support our Retail Markets team in Perth. Key components of this role will be the co-ordination, management and preparation of Retail Finance month end reporting, business reporting and forecast reporting.
This full-time, permanent, role will also see you partnering with multiple business segments and provide financial modelling and ad hoc analysis to various stakeholders. You must be confident in your technical ability to produce in depth reports (Power BI and SQL is a plus) as well as building strong and trusted relationships. A great role which offers the best of both worlds!
- Co-ordinate, manage and prepare Retail Finance month end reporting including performance reporting, flash reporting, Group reporting (incl. Executive Pack) and specific JV reporting
- Assist the Business Intelligence & Reporting Lead in the development and optimization of a standard suite of performance reports for the business to facilitate timely decision making
- Prepare documents for national stakeholder reviews and sign-off, all driver analysis, forecasts and budgets
- Assist the Business Intelligence & Reporting Lead in the development and maintenance of templates for OPEX, Capex, FTE budgets and reviews for all Retail Finance reporting on a quarterly and annual basis
- Develop a trusted, strategic relationship with stakeholders throughout Retail Markets
Skills and experience:
- CA/CPA/FINSIA/CFA/CIMA Qualification (or equivalent)
- Analytical experience (essential) and applied knowledge of SQL and Power BI (desirable)
- Development of financial forecasting and planning models
- Demonstrated ability to understand key business variables in a complex and changing commercial environment
- Demonstrated ability to highlight potential improvements in current systems and processes
This is a fantastic role where you can firmly plant your feet on the ground and provide the essential support needed but also have the opportunity for professional growth and development. The team is collaborative, well-respected, hardworking, and fun!
One of our key values at Alinta is ‘People Matter’, so even if you don’t possess all the mentioned skills and experience, we would still encourage you to apply!
- Hybrid working arrangements for most roles, combining office-based and work from home
- Staff energy discount offer (where products are available)
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Wellness programs including our Employee Assistance Program and free full access to the Headspace application
- Paid community volunteer leave
- Discount program for a range of products and services
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid salary continuance insurance
- Ability to purchase additional leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a 2023 Circle Back Initiative employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.
How to apply:
Click “APPLY” to submit your application
- Closing Date:
- 09 Jun 2023
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Analysis and Reporting