Program Lead, Sustainable Finance - [Archived Advertisement]
Climateworks (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Influence finance sector decarbonization programs across Australia & APAC
- Unlimited scope for co-designing sustainable finance climate solutions
- Melbourne preferred, work life balance culture, industry-leading organization
Climateworks Centre, co-founded by The Myer Foundation and Monash University in 2009, has played a unique role in Australia’s, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific’s transition to a net-zero future. Operating within the Monash Sustainable Development Institute (MSDI) Climateworks bridges research and action and is a trusted advisor to powerful decision-makers across governments, business, and finance. Respected for its specialist analysis and engagement capabilities, Climateworks is seeking to drive system-level change in line with what is required to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees.
Climateworks convenes and facilitates relationships with influential decision-makers within an international network of organizations that supports effective policies, financing, and action for emissions reductions at scale. Climateworks provides tailored information and tools, to remove obstacles and help facilitate conditions that support the transition to a prosperous, net-zero emissions future.
Benefits and Culture
Join a mission-focused, dynamic, committed and highly regarded team who celebrate each other’s contributions and enjoy a supportive work-life balance culture where wellbeing is a priority. Climateworks staff benefit from Monash University employee arrangements, a generous self-development budget and competitive salary, and an independent high calibre Board.
Melbourne strongly preferred, other Australian cities may be considered for outstanding candidates.
As program leader (System Lead, Sustainable Finance) you report to the Head of Program Delivery and collaborate closely with teams across the organization to ensure Climateworks’ impact on emissions reduction within the finance sector is maximized and realized across multiple geographical locations across Australia and the Asia Pacific. You will apply global system best practice for decarbonization and take a systems lead approach to developing, co-designing and implementing high-impact programs that address the key drivers and barriers for emissions reduction in the sector. Leveraging Climateworks’ research, you will build programs and collaborate with, and build, program teams. In this high impact role other responsibilities will be to:
- Develop/maintain high-level stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies
- Represent Climateworks in diverse Australian and international fora, to high level stakeholders and the media
- Closely manage and measure meeting impact, timeline, budget, and reporting objectives
- Effectively communicate and negotiate with senior stakeholders, including policy makers, business leaders, researchers, media, and civil society
Skills & Experience Required
You offer related qualifications and considerable, diverse experience and subject matter expertise working on climate change and the development of green financial products for sustainable finance taxonomies, likely gained in government agencies or finance institutions within Australia and ideally Asia. In addition to proven successful program delivery management experience across multiple sectors and geographies, your work demonstrates impactful outcomes gained through successful innovation and effective donor and government engagement and collaboration. Additionally, you bring:
- Capacity to influence stakeholders and manage endorsement of co-designed outcomes
- Leadership and development of teams which have delivered continuous improvements
- Outstanding interpersonal skills building consensus at senior levels and creating impact
- Ability to synthesize complex evidence based research and represent Climateworks effectively
If you are passionate about tackling climate change to work towards a zero-carbon future and you can offer the skills and experience above, please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills and experience above quoting #1125382 or call Lois Freeke on 03 8080 8978.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
NGO Recruitment values equitable recruitment practices and is committed to representing candidates reflective of the diverse organisations and communities we work with. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds, ages, and identities, and are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. If you are interested in this position and have most of the skills or experience we are looking for, please go ahead and apply.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Energy Sector